VEGETABLE TAWA DHOKLA
These semolina dhoklas have an addition of colourful healthy veggies and is cooked on a tawa with a delicious crunchy tempering.
¼ cup green peas, boiled
½ medium green capsicum, chopped
2-3 tablespoons corn kernels, boiled
1 cup semolina (rawa/suji)
½ cup yogurt
2 teaspoons finely chopped green chillies + as required
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon fruit salt
Oil for drizzling
Mustards seeds as required
White sesame seeds as required
Red chilli powder for sprinkling
Green chutney for garnishing
Fried slit green chillies for garnishing
1. Mix together semolina and yogurt alongwith water in a bowl to make a semi-thick batter. 2. Add green peas, capsicum, corn kernels, 2 teaspoons green chillies, coriander leaves and salt to the batter and mix well.
3. Heat a deep non-stick pan and place a large cookie cutter in the center.
4. Add fruit salt to the batter and mix well.
5. To prepare one tawa dhokla, drizzle some oil in the center of the cookie cutter. Add some mustard seeds and white sesame seeds and let mustard seeds splutter. Add some green chillies and pour a ladleful of batter on top to make a thick disc.
6. Sprinkle some chilli powder on top, cover the pan and cook on low heat till golden brown and crisp from the underside. Remove the cookie cutter.
7. Serve hot garnished with green chutney and fried chillies.