CRISPY HASH BROWNS
Hash brown given twist with the use of raw bananas. Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe.
2-3 raw bananas, peeled, parboiled and grated
Oil for deep-frying + for greasing
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons refined flour
Tomato ketchup for serving
A fresh parsley sprig for garnishing
1. Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
2. Take bananas in a bowl. Add salt, chilli powder, crushed peppercorns, cornflour and refined flour and mix. Add 2 tablespoons water and mix well.
3. Grease a plastic sheet with some oil, put some banana portion on one side, cover and lightly flatten to make a semi-thick sheet. Cut into rectangles. Similarly, prepare with remaining mixture.
4. Deep-fry the rectangles in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Serve hot with tomato ketchup garnished with parsley sprig.