Bite sized steamed idlis marinated in a tandoori masala and baked - served with a mint coriander chutney.
12-16 mini idlis
1 cup yogurt
½ tablespoon gram flour
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil + for drizzling
1 large green capsicum, cut into cubes
1 large tomato, deseeded and cut into cubes
2 teaspoons mint-coriander chutney
Chaat masala for sprinkling
1. To prepare marinade, take ½ cup yogurt in a bowl. Add gram flour, chilli powder, salt and oil and mix well.
2. Add mini idlis, capsicum cubes and tomato cubes and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick grill pan. Place the marinated idlis, capsicum cubes and tomato cubes, drizzle some oil on top and grill from both sides till golden specks appear.
4. Take remaining yogurt in another bowl. Add green chutney and mix well.
5. Put some mint-coriander yogurt in individual serving shot glasses filling ½ of it.
6. Skewer 1 grilled capsicum cube, 1 idli, and1 tomato cube in each toothpick and place on top of prepared glasses.
7. Sprinkle some chaat masala on top and serve immediately.