Thepla with green chutney, vegetables and cheese, covered with another thepla and pan fried
1½ cups whole wheat flour
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
2 tablespoons oil + for basting
Buttermilk as required
Green chutney for spreading
Grated processed cheese as required
1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into roundels
Chaat masala for sprinkling
1 medium tomato, cut into roundels
Tomato ketchup for drizzling
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
1. Take flour in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, white sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon oil and mix. Add some buttermilk and knead into a stiff dough.
2. Transfer dough on the worktop, add 1 tablespoon oil and knead into a semi-soft dough.
3. Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out into thin discs.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa. Place the discs and roast from both sides till golden, basting with some oil. These are theplas.
5. Spread some green chutney on each roasted thepla. Spread come cheese on half of theplas. Place cucumber roundels and sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
6. Place tomato roundels, sprinkle some chaat masala, spread some more cheese on top and cover with another thepla, chutney side down to make sandwiches.
7. Heat the same non-stick tawa. Roast the prepared sandwiches from both sides till crisp, basting with some oil.
8. Cut into triangles and transfer on a serving platter. Drizzle some tomato ketchup on top and serve hot garnished with few coriander sprigs.