Chunks of achari paneer coated with crumbled papad and fried - crunchy outside, soft and tangy inside. You'd be surprised at how quick and simple it is to make!
4 large moong dal papad
400 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
Oil for deep-frying
Mango pickle paste as required
1½ tablespoons refined flour (maida)
Tomato ketchup for serving
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
2. Cut cottage cheese into 1 inch cubes and further make 2 slits in each cube.
3. Apply some mango pickle in the slits of each cube.
4. Grind the torn papad into fine powder and spread on a plate.
5. Make slurry of flour with some water in a bowl.
6. Dip each cottage cheese cube in slurry and coat with papad powder.
7. Deep-fry the prepared cottage cheese cubes in hot oil till golden brown and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Garnish with a coriander sprigs
and serve hot with tomato ketchup.